We at Dental Essence Clinic strongly believe that the appearance and functionality of a natural tooth can never be matched with any replacement tooth. Perhaps, this is the driving force that has been inducing us to strive and save the natural tooth through root canal treatment. Our dentists treat patients requiring root canal treatments through advanced techniques and treatment procedures.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
A procedure to replace infected pulp in a root canal with an inert material. A root canal is a treatment of the pulp of the tooth that is inflamed, infected, or dead. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form. The pulp is a soft substance in the center of the tooth that consists of the nerve, blood vessels, and connective tissue.
Why Root Canal Treatment is necessary?
When bacteria (germs) enter your tooth through deep cavities, cracks or flawed fillings, your tooth can become abscessed. An abscessed tooth is a tooth with an infection in the pulp. If pulp becomes infected, it needs to be removed. An abscessed tooth may cause pain and/or swelling that’s why Root Canal Treatment is necessary.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
• Efficient chewing
• Normal biting force and sensation
• Natural appearance
• Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain
Care after Root Canal
A treated and restored tooth can last a lifetime with proper care. Root canals have a high success rate. Here are a few ways to take care of your teeth after a root canal:
• Practice good oral hygiene – brush teeth twice a day, and floss at least once. Taking care of your teeth can help prevent future problems.
• Visit the dentist regularly – cleanings and examinations by dentists and hygienists.
• Avoid chewing on hard foods – chewing on hard foods such as ice can cause teeth to break, and can harm root canals.
Get in touch with us